BOMA Miami-Dade Members News
Do you have news to share? Forward your Administrator to send us your announcements and press releases.
BOMA Miami-Dade News October 2020
BOMA Members News
BOMA Releases New Operating Expense Resource
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how property professionals are approaching budget season for 2021 and how they are reforecasting income, operating expenses and capital expenses to predict their property's financial performance at the end of 2020. In finalizing their reforecasts, property professionals are also recalculating projected operating expense pass-throughs to tenants for the current year. BOMA International and InspiRE Commercial Real Estate Services have partnered to create a resource to help you navigate the new uncertainties surrounding operating expense calculations and reconciliations. The Impact of COVID-19 on Operating Expense Pass-Throughs in Commercial Real Estate provides guidance on steps to take now to ensure a smooth transition into 2021.
From BOMA International: Workplace Amenities Reimagined
It’s been an amenities arms race in recent years as office building owners offer wow-worthy spaces to prospective tenants, including upscale fitness centers, chic lobbies and even golf simulation rooms and rock-climbing walls. Tenants also have been investing in workplaces that will get talent through the door and keep it. These once sought-after amenities, however, are perceived very differently in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. After all, amenities spaces are historically high-traffic, high-touch areas focused on engaging employees and creating connections to the office space. Read more
JOIN THE MIAMI-DADE BE305 INITIATIVE
The Building Efficiency 305 initiative seeks to promote improvements in building performance through a suite of policies and programs that increase energy and water efficiency in large, existing private and public buildings.
BE 305 Program Goals
- Reduce operating costs for property owners through building efficiency
- Assist our most vulnerable neighbors by reducing utility cost burdens
- Expand access to financing tools for efficiency improvements.
- Improve building efficiency through building code training and education
- Increase awareness of building efficiency and data-driven decision making
- Reduce water supply constraints and preserve this critical natural resource
The BE 305 Program components include facilitating financing mechanisms, enhancing building performance through building code education and assessment, facilitating community training and other educational opportunities, local government leading by example, and establishing policies for annual benchmarking and data sharing. Learn more about BE305
Welcome New Members
We would like to extend a warm welcome to the newest members of the BOMA Miami-Dade community.
- Mena Ortiz, Bridge Commercial Real Estate
- Carlos Salazar, Bridge Commercial Real Estate
- Diana Urbina, Bridge Commercial Real Estate
- Tania Leon, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Ricardo Marquez, Link Hospitality
- Karina el Junco, Avison-Young
- Felix Prado Quiles, Permit Solutions, LLC
- Rebeca Quiles, Quiles Permit Solutions, LLC
- David de la Rosa, ADT Commercial
- Claudia Montoya, Federal Tactics Security
- Crystal Traverse, Crown Roofing, LLC
HEALTHY BUILDINGS: YOUR OFFICE ENVIRONMENT
October 15, 2020 | 12:00 PM EDT - 1:00 PM EDT
Join us for a discussion of the trends and efforts towards healthier office building efforts. More about this event
VECINO'S MARKETPLACE PRESENTS...WINE DOWN WITH MR. D
October 27, 2020 | 6:30 PM EDT - 8:00 PM EDT
Whether you are getting ready for the holiday season or preparing for hosting at home, this is the virtual social you do not want to miss! The second BOMA Miami-Dade virtual social presented by Vecino's Marketplace will focus on WINE! More about this event
BOMA MARKET UPDATE
October 28, 2020 | 11:00 AM EDT - 12:00 PM EDT
Join BOMA Miami-Dade as we host a webinar with industry stakeholders.
- What's new in the CRE Market for Miami
- What's changed as we enter the last quarter of 2020
- What's coming our way in 2021
A new commercial real estate certification for early-career property managers and the only certification of its kind in the industry! Administered by the Commercial Real Estate Certification Institute (CRECI) and backed by BOMA and BOMI Certification, Inc., the leaders in CRE education and training. Learn more here.
View Job Postings
We are of a few job opportunities within the BOMA Miami-Dade members community.